Mudhooks

All Comments to Mudhooks's files

Recent Comments

6 months ago
    I would so much like to write a memoir about Edith Anderson Monture. But there needs to be a place to start. If anyone has additional information on this amazing woman, please contact me at my email address: mailto: I am a Canadian-American from Montreal, Quebec, now living in Illinois. I have already done some research into that time period in Canada for another memoir and have bumped into too much atrocious information about the mishandling and controlling of the natives. People should at least know about this special person. Thank you. Maureen Wallner
  • Helen Addams (Private)
    10 months ago
    Margaret Turnbull and George Balfour, Jedburgh, Scotland
    Hi just found these photos after googling George Balfour Jedburgh. I have a childs book with his name and Jedburgh written in it, dated 1829. Could this be your George Balfour?
    2 years 9 months ago
    Marilyn Farrell, Potter. King's Landing, NB.
    Marilyn passed away a number of years ago.  It was nice to see her picture. Just got done washing some of her pottery that was in her house fire that I helped clean up for her.
    • Mudhooks Premium user Canada (Private)
      2 years 9 months ago
      I am sorry to hear this. I felt badly disturbing her while she was busy. I think it was off season and the shop wasn't open. But I bought a bowl and I still have it and use it almost daily. I will think about her when I use it...
    5 years ago
    Danny and Carolyn Matousek, circa 1978
    I have one of their albums i got off of ebay
      1 year 7 months ago
      That is my uncle Danny and aunt Carolyn
    • AJCory828@gmail.com (Private)
      1 year 10 months ago
      I have a signed album if anyone is interested
  • Mudhooks Premium user Canada (Private)
    1 year 11 months ago
    Muckey/Bouslaugh family
    Birth: Sep. 13, 1829
    Huntingdon
    Huntingdon County
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Death: Apr. 4, 1903
    Castana
    Monona County
    Iowa, USA

From History of Monona County
    Prominent agriculturist of Center Township, residing on section 8, is one of the old settlers of Monona County, coming here in Sept 1859 with his father's family. When about 8 years old, his family moved to Ohio; from there to Henry County, Ind. after two years they returned to Ohio. In the spring of 1846, he came to Hancock Co., Illinois, where they lived for about nine years. He was engaged in farming; at the expiration of which, with the family, he came to Iowa, settling in Polk County. In the fall of 1859, they made a settlement in Monona County, on sections 8 & 9. For ten years, he assisted his father carrying on his farm. Finally removing to a house which he had built on section 8, he commenced the cultivation and development of his own place, and is now the owner of a beautiful farm of 417 acres, 160 under culture. When he came here, he had but one team and $40 in money. His stock alone now is represented by ten head of horses, 75 of cattle, and 100 hogs.

He married Mary A (Kelley) Muckey on March 24, 1869 and they had 12 children. Twins died at an early age (Edmund & Edward). Believe Freeland also died young.

Involved in starting the Castana Creamery in 1889. Sometime prior to 1868, the Bouslaugh schoolhouse was built. It was located in Center Township. . . . . . .

Family records have them getting married on Feburary 21, 1866 in Center, Monona, Iowa and having 13 children.
    Joseph Rench Muckey Bouslaugh 1866
    Millie E Bouslaugh 1884
    Vernon Albert Bouslaugh 1889
    Ruey Ethel Bouslaugh 1894
    2 years 8 months ago
    cousin joanne
    2 years 8 months ago
    Hazel, Harriet, and Uncle Bud (I think)
    thats my mom patty , and you got the rest right ,lol

2 years 8 months ago
    Hazel, Harriet, and Delroy
    this is pattys son mark ,thats uncle otto,hazels husband ,our cousin joanne,aunt hazel, cousin jim
    2 years 11 months ago
    Cloud Pot, side
    Really wonderful.

3 years 9 months ago
    Uncle John Tocher (seated right) aboard the Merchant steamer "Heronspool", circa 1910
    Would you happen to have a photo of this ship?? Thanks.
    • Mudhooks Premium user Canada (Private)
      3 years 8 months ago
      I have added the photos just after the photo of Uncle John aboard ship. I also updated the link. I appeared to have the wrong links in the first place. The Heronpool was built in 1903 and the previous link was for a shi built in 1926.

Hopefully this helps.
      3 years 9 months ago
      I did find a photo online. There are a number of sites that list ships and their histories. If you Google the name you shoud come up with it.
    3 years 9 months ago
    IMG 0111d
    This comment was deleted by Mudhooks
    5 years 4 months ago
    Biscuit with Deannie (I think that's Quiggley behind them)
    Hi.  30 yrs ago, I had a best friend named Deannie Mercer-Worthy, from Jackson, Miss.  Your friend Deannie looks enough like my friend Deannie, to be the same.  I would really like to re-connect.  My name is Steve Fritz.  \renovator   or    Thanks!
    • Mudhooks Premium user Canada (Private)
      5 years 4 months ago
      Definitely not my sister, Deannie. Ontario born and raised. I don't think she's ever been to Mississippi -- Mississippi Lakes, in Ontario, maybe. But not the state.
        4 years 7 months ago
        Thank you for replying.  I just re-found where I posted then when once again I started a fruitless search for my friend.   Love the horses!
powered by Fotki